Thursday, May 20, 2010

mother

Mother
Whose life gave me life,
Whose blood became my blood,
Whose earthquakes have no fault line.

mOTHER
Whose breast I did not feed from, so that hunger pains strike steady
to this day,
Whose circumstances created my own,
Whose childhood fell forward like an endless maze of dominos, creating
parallels I do not care to draw upon for fear of recognizing the
obvious.

motHER
I can not reach you.
Holy grails rest inside,
Just let me in,
Just breathe them out.
Ive come to your door with sledgehammers and love,
Dynamite and honey,
And still,
There is no answer.

Each month the possibility of life passes between my legs,
And as the spotted white chips crash forward,
I make the promise that every generation dares to make:
Let not history repeat itself.

I know there is peace at the coast, near the dark edges of earth where
all life began,
One just has to go there to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment